Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I recognize that most of this is coming a little late for Valentine's Day--please forgive my tardiness! Some of it can be enjoyed all year long, however, so I decided to go ahead and share it with you all. I hope you had a blessed Valentine's Day, chock full of love!





Happy Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine's Day! What a great day to lavish love on those given to us by God! After all, didn't God send us the first Valentine when he sent Jesus? Of all those candy hearts with messages in red printed on top, only one matters to God: Be Mine. That is the message He wants to send us this Valentine's Day and everyday! “Be mine,” He says. What a wonderful thing to know that the Creator of the Universe wants us to be His. Gives Valentine's Day a whole new meaning, doesn't it!

BOOKS

Crystal Bowman gives us a simple rhyming story about celebrating the ultimate source of love in her board book My Valentine Story: Giving My Heart to God.



In God Loves Me More Than That, Dandi Daley Mackall shows all of the ways that God loves us: “More than the letters between A and Z. More than the bumbles in a bumble bee. God loves me more than that!” Perfect for Valentine's Day and all year!



Tim Warnes' Jesus Loves Me is a wonderful book version of the beloved song, following a family of bears as the share the love of Jesus with each other and their friends.



Projects for Preschoolers has a great list: 19 Preschool Books that Say I Love You. You can check this list out for more smushy, gushy, lovey dovey fun with your preschooler!


SONGS

Love the Lord with all Your Heart
(
To the tune of "Row, Row, Row your Boat")
Love, Love, Love the Lord
with all of Your Heart.

Lift your voice,

Shout rejoice,

Loving Him is smart!
His L-O-V-E
(To the tune B-I-N-G-O)


There is a God in heaven above

Who gives his love to me.

His L-O-V-E

His L-O-V-E

His L-O-V-E

He gives his love to me, me.
God's Love
God's Love is so wonderful, (thrice)

Oh! Wonderful love!


So high [reach arms up to the sky] you can't get over it,
So low [reach arms down to the ground] you can't get under it
So wide [stretch arms wide] you can't get around it
Oh! Wonderful love!






No comments:

Post a Comment